The Department of Psychology at Université de Montréal invites applications for a full-time tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor in Cognition with a specialization in Neurocognition of Music (FAS 12-12/36). Deadline: March 15th 2013.
The successful candidate will be expected to teach at all three levels of the curriculum, supervise graduate students, engage in ongoing research and publication, and contribute to the academic life and reputation of the institution.
- Doctorate in Psychology or in a related discipline.
- Having done a post-doctorate constitutes an asset.
- Experience in student supervision constitutes an asset.
- Publication record in international scientific journals.
- Ability to obtain research grants from major funding agencies.
- Proficiency in the French language. The Université de Montréal is a Québec university with an international reputation. French is the language of instruction. To renew its teaching faculty, the University is intensively recruiting the world’s best specialists. In accordance with Université de Montréal’s language policy, the institution provides support for newly-recruited faculty to attain proficiency in French.
The Université de Montréal offers a competitive salary and a complete range of employee benefits.
Starting Date: From June 1, 2013.
The complete application, including a cover letter, curriculum vitae and copies of recent publications and research, must be received by the Department Chair at the mail or email address below by March 15, 2013.
Three letters of recommendation are also to be sent directly to the Department Chair at the following mail or email address:
Serge Larochelle, Chair
Département de psychologie
Université de Montréal
C. P. 6128, succursale Centre-ville
Montréal (Québec) H3C 3J7
For more information about the Department of Psychology, please consult the Web site at: www.psy.umontreal.ca.
The Université de Montréal selection process allows all regular professors in the Department to have access to documents unless the applicant explicitly states in her or his cover letter that access to the application should
be limited to the selection committee. This restriction on accessibility will be lifted if the applicant is invited for an interview.
Employment Equity Program
The Université de Montréal upholds the principles of employment equity and welcomes applications from women, ethnic and visible minorities, aboriginals and the people with disabilities. All applicants are asked to
complete the employment equity identification questionnaire posted at www.fas.umontreal.ca/affairesprofessorales/documents/quest-acces-emploi-EN.pdf and attach it to their application.
In compliance with Canadian immigration requirements, priority shall be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.